- XSL-FO stands for XSL-Formatting Objects
- XSL Formatting Objects, is a powerful and complex XML based technology for the presentation of XML on screen or on paper.
- XSL has two parts – XSLT(transformation) and XSL-FO(formatting)
- 2 unicode formats are the basis of XML characters – UTF-8 and UTF-16.
- XSL-FO is a document description language
- Within an XSL-FO document, there are two basic parts:
- The layout for the entire document is contained within aelement
- Content to be displayed is nested within elements, which are linked by their master-name attribute to a particular page layout specified in a element.
- has attributes:
page-width, page-height, margin-left, margin-right, margin-top, margin-bottom
- Region left after attributes is: . This element has following attributes:
- Absolute positions of and alter if the direction of a line of writing changes.
- Content of the headers and footers is static. Both are represented inelements.
- elements for both header and footer precede the element for the main page content.
- Within elements, there can be a variety of XSL-FO elements:
Like it? Please Spread the word!