What is Python?
- Python is a general purpose, dynamic, high level and interpreted programming language
- It supports structure oriented, Interactive and objected oriented programming language
- It is very simple and easy to learn compared with other programming language i.e. C, C++, JAVA etc
- But, python is very powerful programming language because of having huge set of predefined library functions, so to develop the application very easy
- It is step by step interactive programming language, compilation is not required, so script execution is very fast.
- We can use python as a scripting and programming language
Features of Python:
Python provides lots of features. They are,
Easy to Learn and use the syntax:
It is easy to learn and to develop the application.
Free and Open Source:
Python is freely available at their own website and source code also available, it means the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified.
It supports complete object oriented approach, like implementation of classes and objects.
Huge Library Standard:
It is having huge set of library functions.
Due to its open source nature, Python has been ported to many many platforms, means port to other platforms without doing any modifications in source code.
A program written in a compiled language like C or JAVA is translated from the source language i.e. JAVA/C into a language spoken by your computer i.e binary code such that 0’s and 1’s
The python is huge indeed programming and scripting language. It can help to industries in many things i.e Embedded, Networking, GUI, Gaming, Backend Automation Testing, socket programming etc.
Merging with multiple Programming:
We can merge the python with multiple language like C, C++ because of syntax as it is same like C Programming Language i.e. if you need to run critical part of code very fast, write and run in C, then convert into Python.
- Python programming invention started in late 1980’s
- Implementation was started in December 1989 by Guido Van Rossum at CWI in the Netherlands
- In February 1991, Van Rossum published the code ( label version 9.0) to alt.source
- version 1.0 was released in January 1994 with major new features included in this release were the functional programming language tools i.e lambda, reduce, map and filter
- python 2.0 was released in 2000 ,in this version introduced list comprehensions , garbage collections
- Python 3.0 was released in 2008 ,it is also called as Python 3000 and Py3K,In this version Ouput functions syntax has changed
Python version list:
|Python v1.0||January ,1994|
|Python v1.2||April , 1995|
|Python v1.3||October , 1995|
|Python v1.4||October , 1996|
|Python v1.5||December , 1997|
|Python v1.6||September ,2000|
|Python v2.0||October, 2000|
|Python v2.1||April, 2001|
|Python v2.2||December , 2001|
|Python v2.3||July ,2003|
|Python v2.4||November ,2004|
|Python v2.5||September ,2006|
|Python v2.6||October , 2008|
|Python v2.7||July, 2010|
|Python v3.0||December , 2008|
|Python v3.1||June , 2009|
|Python v3.2||February ,2011|
|Python v3.3||September ,2012|
|Python v3.4||March ,2014|
|Python v3.5||September , 2015|