JSP stands for Java Server Pages. JSP Technology is used to create dynamic web pages. JSP is used to build web applications.
JSP was developed to solve the drawbacks of Java Servlets. Initially, when the servlets were developed, there was no separation between the user interface and the business logic. Hence JSP was developed with complete presentation logic of the web application, separating the business logic out of the presentation logic.
Life cycle of JSP:
- JSP is translated into servlet code.
- Servlet code is compiled to byte code.
- Class loading.
- Instantiation of the servlet object.
- Initialization by calling Jspinit() method.
- Processing the request by calling _JspService() method.
- Destroy by invoking the JspDestroy() method.
JSP is easy to learn and implement by any programmer. Below is the list of topics in this JSP tutorial.