93. WHEN WE EAT FOOD, WE SHOULD START WITH THE SWEET
- Our forefathers used to serve one sweet dish first when food was served. We have already seen that sweet taste is the energy needed for liver and spleen to function. The food we eat goes into the stomach first. Our forefathers have found out that the food will be digested well if we eat sweet, which gives energy to the stomach, before we eat other food.
- Some people eat sweet after eating all the food. Eating sweet first and then eating the other foods is better than eating sweet at the end. Whenever you eat food, first eat some sweet. This does not mean that you eat two big rounds of sweet porridge and then start eating the other dishes. Start with sweet and after eating all the other tastes you can again eat sweet in the middle. We can also eat some sweet at the end. Eating sweet first is just one way. It is not compulsory that you should eat sweet first.
- I would like to tell you about another important aspect of our treatment. You have learnt a number of techniques so far. It is not absolutely compulsory that you must follow all these techniques each and every time. You may not be able to follow some of these techniques some times. So, eat without fear and without worry. If you eat with the feeling that you have not eaten sweet in the beginning of the meal, your food will not be digested well.
- So, please try to follow these guidelines to the extent you can. Do not feel guilty if you cannot follow some guideline or other. Please eat confidently without any worry or fear. Let us all live a healthy life!