107. WE SHOULD NOT GULP WATER; WE SHOULD CONSUME IT BY SLOWLY SIPPING IT
- There is a proverb: “We should eat the water and drink the food.” The meaning of this is that we should keep the food in our mouth, chew it well, make it a paste, convert it into a liquid and then drink it. Similarly, we should slowly sip the water and eat it as though it is a solid.
- Water contains all the six tastes. By slowly sipping the water, we can get all the six tastes that are needed by our body from the water we drink. When water is mixed with the saliva and then the water goes inside, our body gets a lot of benefits.
- Moreover, a part called tonsil in our body helps to remove the germs from the water and also to bring the water to our body temperature. Those who drink water in one go by directly pouring water into their throat are likely to get diseases in their tonsils. This is because, when water goes very fast past the tonsil, the tonsil is forced to do its job very fast. So, there is a possibility of the tonsil getting diseases.
- The slower we drink water our body will get better health and more power. Then we will not get problems with tonsil and diseases related to breathing such as wheezing, chest cold, sinus, etc. Even if we get any such disease, it will be cured immediately. So, we should drink water by slowly sipping it and enjoying its taste.