91. WE SHOULD ENJOY, RELISH AND EAT ALL THE SIX TASTES
- Each and every food that we eat has some tastes in it. Only our tongue can digest these tastes. Our stomach cannot digest the tastes. So, when we keep a food in our mouth, we feel that there is some taste in it. As we chew the food, the taste slowly disappears. At that time, the taste buds in our tongue absorb the taste and convert it into energy.
- If we swallow the food without enjoying it and relishing its taste, the stomach will not digest the taste. It is because the stomach is not capable of digesting the tastes. It can digest only something which can be seen. A taste which is not digested by the tongue will go out of the body as a waste.
- So, if we wish that all the tastes in the food are to be converted into energy then we should enjoy all the tastes in the food by keeping the food in our mouth and enjoying it till it becomes a totally tasteless matter. Absolutely no taste should be present in the food when we swallow it.
- If we eat properly in this way, we will get the pranic energy from the taste of the food and also the pranic energy from the matter of the food. Therefore, when we eat our food, we have to swallow it only after we have enjoyed all its taste and only when it becomes totally tasteless. Let us all live a healthy life!