- What is sneezing? When does it occur? Sneeze does not come to anyone at anytime. It comes only at specific times due to specific reasons. Please think carefully. If we shake off an old cloth in the air, when the dust particles from the cloth go inside our nose, we sneeze. When we walk on the road, if someone is sweeping the road, the dust particles make us sneeze. If we eat something very hot or containing too much spice, we sneeze. When some items containing chilli powder, etc. are being cooked in the kitchen, the odour entering our nose causes sneezing.
- Why does sneezing happen? When dust particles, hot and spicy items, germs, etc., which can cause harm to the lungs, enter our nose, our lung gets afraid. It immediately goes to a doctor inside our body and says “Forty harmful particles have come inside. I am in danger. Please send them out.”
- The doctor inside our body gives this job to a sneezing gland called Histamine. Histamine gland examines the lung and does research. It then decides, “There are forty particles here. Therefore, we can send them out using four sneezes.” And then, it gets the strength needed for four sneezes and also enough air and water from the body and creates the sneezing.
- Therefore, sneezing is nothing but a wonderful way by which our body gets rid of the unwanted particles with a lot of force by using the required air and water, even without our knowledge. Sneezing is not in our control. It comes all of a sudden and we are not even aware of its impending arrival.
- So, we can see that sneezing is not a disease. It is the treatment given by our body. But, when we get sneezing, we tend to suppress it. When we are in our office or in a meeting, we try to avoid sneezing. If we avoid sneezing, this avoidance is the actual disease.
- Some people use oils or balms to stop sneezing when it occurs. What happens when we use a balm to stop sneezing? The smell from the balm goes inside our body and orders the sneezing gland to stop working. Thus, it prevents our body from protecting itself from unwanted things. Therefore, it is a great treachery that we do to our body if we stop the sneezing gland from working when it tries to throw out the unwanted particles.
- As long as the smell of the balm is present in our body, we will not get sneezing. We may think that we have cured the disease called sneezing. We are wrong. We have actually stopped an action of the body to send out the unwanted particles for the next four or five hours. The sneezing gland will not work till the smell of the balm remains. If the sneezing gland does not work when there are forty dust particles, during these five hours, four thousand dust particles will enter our lung.
- Therefore, we should not take any treatment to stop sneezing when it occurs. We should understand that the air in that place is polluted and we should come out of that place immediately or we should use a fan or we should cover our face with a piece of cloth. Thus, we should only try to clean the air we breathe and not attempt to stop the sneezing.
- Therefore, sneezing is not a disease at all. The only treatment for sneezing is that we should sneeze well when we get sneezing. The only medicine for sneezing is to sneeze. If we do anything else, it will harm our body.
Like it? Please Spread the word!