92. HOW MUCH QUANTITY OF EACH TASTE SHOULD WE EAT?
- Many people get this doubt. They ask, “Which parts in my body have been affected? Which are the tastes needed for my body? How much of each taste should I eat?” Nobody in this world can tell you how much of each taste you should eat. You also do not know the answer to this. Then how can we find it out? The answer is: ask your tongue.
- Your tongue is the doctor in your body. The taste is the medicine. Your tongue alone knows how much of each taste you should eat. So, please do not ask, “How much sweet taste should I take for each meal?” You can eat as much sweet as desired by your tongue. Follow this technique for all the tastes.
- In a marriage feast, you will see a number of dishes being served to the guests. Observe closely how different people eat. Some people would eat some dishes a lot but not touch some other dishes. Some others would eat a lot of different other dishes.
- Thus, each person eats in a different way. The reason for this is that the work done by each person, the diseases in each person’s body and the energy needed by each person’s body vary from those of others. As a result, different people need different tastes.
- Therefore, you need not bother much about how much of each taste you should eat. Start eating different dishes with different tastes. When you keep a dish in your mouth, eat it if your tongue likes it. Do not eat it if your tongue does not like it. Thus, if you eat each taste to the extent your tongue asks for it, the diseases in your body will be cured and you will be healthy.