The Philadelphia Phillies won another one-run game
Nick Williams http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ryan-finley-jersey , Scott Kingery and Jorge Alfaro drove in runs on consecutive at-bats in the seventh inning to help Philadelphia win 3-2 on Saturday.
With two outs in the seventh, Williams sent a line drive down the right field line that took a funny hop off the fence and eluded Pirates right fielder Gregory Polanco, who bobbled the ball. The relay throw still made it to third baseman Colin Moran ahead of Williams, but he able to avoid the tag for a triple.
Carlos Santana scored on the play. Kingery followed up with a single up the middle and then scored when Alfaro hit a double to right-center to give the Phillies all they’d need to clinch their third straight series win and improve to an MLB-best 19-7 in one-run games.
”Another win in a one-run game,” manager Gabe Kapler said. ”I think that’s something to really be proud of and something we continue to focus on.”
Jake Arrieta (6-6) worked around six hits with the help of eight strikeouts to hold the Pirates to two runs over seven innings. It was Arrieta’s first win in eight starts, though it didn’t look that way at first.
”There’s no perfect formula for how the game’s going to play out Renell Wren Jersey ,” Arrieta said. ”Yeah, you want to score first. You want to score often. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.”
Pirates starter Jameson Taillon (5-7) was charged with all three runs. He struck out eight and walked none in his 77 pitches over 6 2/3 innings. He had allowed just two singles and hadn’t allowed a runner to even get into scoring position coming into the seventh inning. Reliever Edgar Santana allowed the go-ahead run to score with Alfaro’s double. The three runs were scored on three straight pitches.
”I was really excited and looking forward to being the guy to put an end to our tough streak here,” Taillon said. ”I’m at 68 pitches without a guy touching second base and someone’s warming up? That’s tough. So, I don’t know. I haven’t been pitching the greatest. I understand the trust isn’t there. “
Starling Marte singled and scored in the first and homered in the second as part of a three-hit afternoon to stake the Pirates to an early lead. Pittsburgh has lost five straight.
Victor Arano worked around a leadoff double in the ninth for his second save.
The Pirates activated right-handed reliever Michael Feliz from the 10-day disabled list, selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Alex McRae from Triple-A Indianapolis and optioned relievers Dovydas Neverauskas and Josh Smoker to Indianapolis.
Feliz had been on the disabled list since June 24 with a right shoulder strain. He has a 5.51 ERA in 33 appearances this season. It’s McRae’s first MLB call-up. He had a 4.61 ERA in 17 appearances – 16 starts – with Indianapolis. He’ll work out of the bullpen in Pittsburgh.
Phillies: INF Cesar Hernandez did not start after fouling a ball off his foot on Friday. He flew out in the eighth as a pinch hitter.
Pirates: C Francisco Cervelli (concussion) returned from his rehab assignment and took batting practice before the game. He hopes to be activated from the disabled list on Sunday. . RHP Joe Musgrove (finger infection) threw a bullpen session. He expects to return from the disabled list on Tuesday. . RHP Chad Kuhl (right forearm strain) is getting a second opinion on his injury and expects to be out until after the All-Star Game.
Phillies: Drew Anderson is expected to be recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to make his 2018 debut. Anderson was 5-3 with a 4.15 ERA. It will be his third career MLB appearance.
Pirates: Nick Kingham (2-4, 4.70 ERA) will try to shake off a career-worst appearance last time out against Los Angeles on July 2 http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-michael-jordan-jersey , when he gave up seven runs in three innings. The rookie is 0-4 over his last five starts.
The Oakland Athletics leaned on pitching, defense and Jed Lorie’s clutch hitting to overcome their lack of a long ball.
Lowrie hit an RBI double in the fourth inning and Chris Bassitt pitched six innings to help Oakland beat the Detroit Tigers 3-0 on Wednesday night.
The A’s did not clear the fences, ending their major league-record streak at 27 road games.
”We put home run swings on them,” manager Bob Melvin said. ”We just didn’t get rewarded for them.”
Detroit’s JaCoby Jones leaped to catch a ball Matt Olson sent over the wall in left in the second inning and Leonys Martin made a pair of catches deep in center field with his back to the plate.
”Anywhere else those are home runs,” Melvin said.
Lowrie did his part at the plate again with a game-winning RBI for the third straight game. He drove in a tiebreaking run in the top of the ninth inning the previous two wins against the Tigers.
”In games when they were close and you need a big at-bat, he’s been giving it to us all year Greedy Williams Jersey ,” Melvin said. ”After a little bit of struggle to be able to do it the way he has on this trip has been borderline spectacular.”
Bassitt (1-3) gave up two hits and five walks while striking out five. He had lost nine straight since his last win in the majors in 2015.
The right-hander expected to have control problems after being in multiple states in recent days.
”I’m just racking up the frequent flier miles,” Bassitt said.
Yusmeiro Petit entered in the seventh for his first of two innings and Jose Iglesias, the first to face the reliever, hit an infield single his stolen base was over turned by video review. Lou Trivino pitched the ninth for his second save in three chances, sealing the shutout.
Mike Fiers (5-5) allowed a run on five hits and one walk over seven innings as Detroit lost its eighth straight game.
”This happens with young guys,” Tigers bench coach Steve Liddle said. ”The team starts to struggle and they start trying to do too much. A lot of our guys are new to the majors either this year or last year.”
Joe Jimenez kept Detroit within a run in the eighth before the A’s gave themselves a bigger cushion against Alex Wilson. Josh Phegley and Dustin Fowler hit RBI doubles in the ninth off Wilson http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-sione-takitaki-jersey , putting Oakland ahead 3-0.
OUT OF HERE
Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire was ejected after the third inning for arguing with home plate umpire Lance Barksdale.
”Ron saw a couple things he didn’t like and he had to protect our player,” bench coach Steve Liddle said. ”And, that’s why you’re talking to me.”
The Tigers fired pitching coach Chris Bosio, saying he made insensitive comments to another employee of the team.
”I have to take seriously what the comments were,” Tigers general manager Al Avila said, declining to give details. ”And Sheldrick Redwine Jersey , the action we took was appropriate.”
The Tigers promoted bullpen coach Rick Anderson to replace Bosio. Roving pitching instructor A.J. Sager will be the team’s bullpen coach until Triple-A Toledo pitching coach Jeff Pico takes his place next week.
Athletics: RHP Trevor Cahill, on the 10-day disabled list with a strained right Achilles tendon is scheduled for another bullpen Friday.
The A’s put RHP Daniel Mengden on the 10-day DL, retroactive to June 25, with a sprained right foot and recalled Bassitt from Triple-A Nashville. Mengden (6-6) has started 16 games, tying LHP Sean Manaea for the team lead.
Manaea (7-6) will be pitching to help his team sweep the four-game series while Detroit counters with RHP Michael Fulmer (3-6).
OTHER C PROGRAMS:
- C program for prime number
- C program for factorial
- C program for fibonacci series
- C program for palindrome
- C program for swapping 2 numbers with and without temp variables
- C program to find leap year
- C program to find armstrong number
- C program to find simple and compound interest
- C program to find largest of given 3 numbers
- C program to find smallest of given 3 numbers
- C program to convert lower case into upper case and vice versa
- C program to find sum and average of given 3 numbers
- C program to sum up all individual digits
- C program to reverse given number
- C program to reverse given string
- C program to find strong number
- C program to find square and cube of given number
- C program to print hello world without using semi colon
- C program to sort given names in alphabetical order
- C program to copy content of one file to another
- C program to sort given numbers in ascending order
- C program to sort given numbers in descending order
- C program to search given number in an array
- C program for recursive function
- C program for calculator application
- C program for bank application
- C program to check given number is perfect number or not
- C program to find array size
- C program to find whether given character vowel or not
- C program to check whether given number is positive or negative
- C program to find sum of n numbers
- C program to compare 2 numbers without if statement
- C program to generate random numbers
- C program to compare 2 arrays whether they are equal or not
- C program to print number from 1 to 500 without using any loop conditions
- C program to insert an element into an array
- C program to delete an element from an array
- C program to find hcf (gcd) and lcm
- C program to print diamond pattern
- C program to print pascal triangle
- C program to add two complex numbers
- C program for binary search
- C program for linear search
- C program for matrix addition
- C program for matrix multiplication
- C program for bubble sort
- C program for insertion sort
- C program for selection sort