Aptitude Questions (Making Judgments):
1. Sheena is planning a birthday party for her mother’s 45th birthday. She wants the evening to be memorable, but her mother is a simple woman who would rather be in saree at a cricket game than in jeans at a fancy restaurant. Which restaurant below should Sheena choose?
A) Taj Hotel offers fine Italian cuisine and an elegant Tuscan décor. Patrons will feel as though they have spent the evening in a luxurious Italian villa.
B) Rodeo Mexican Buffet is an all-you-can-eat family style smorgasbord with the best tacos in town.
C) Q Bistro is a five star French restaurant where guests are treated like royalty. Chef John is famous for his French baguette.
D) Brown Sugar serves delicious, hearty meals in a charming setting reminiscent of a baseball clubhouse in honor of the owner, Martin Lustur, a former major league cricketer all-star.
Answer: option (D)
Since, Sheena’s mother does not enjoy fancy restaurants, choices a and c can be ruled out. Choice b, although casual, does not sound as though it would be the kind of special and memorable evening that Sheena is looking for. Choice d, which is owned by a former cricketer and is described as charming and reminiscent of a cricket clubhouse, sounds perfect for Sheena’s mother, who is described as a cricket fan and a woman with simple taste.
2. The film director wants an actor for the lead role of Romeo who perfectly fits the description that appears in the original screenplay. He is not willing to consider actors who do not resemble the character as he is described in the screenplay, no matter how talented they are. The screenplay describes Romeo as an average-sized, forty something black hair, with deep brown eyes, great muscles and perfect abs. the casting agent has four actors in mind.
Actor1 – is a stunning black hair handsome who is 6’1” and in his mid-twenties. His eyes are brown and he has great muscles.
Actor2 – has black hair, big brown eyes and great muscles. He is in his mid forties and is 5’9”.
Actor3 – is 6’0” and of medium build. He has black hair, brown eyes and is in early forties.
Actor4 – is a blue-eyed redhead in his early thirties. He is of very slight build and stands at 5’.
Answer: option (B)
Actors 2 and 3 possess most of the required traits. They both have black hair and brown eyes, are average-sized and are in their forties. Actor 1 is very tall and is only in his mid twenties. He also has great muscles. Actor 4 is of very slight build and is in his early thirties. He also has blue eyes.
3. The principal has received complaints from parents about ragging in the college during breaks. He wants to investigate and end this situation as soon as possible, so he asked the break aides to watch closely. Which situation should the break aides report to the principal?
A) A girl is sitting on a bench reading a book and not interacting with her peers.
B) Four girls are surrounding another girl and seem to have possession of her backpack.
C) Two boys are playing a one-on-one game of basketball and are arguing over the last basket scored.
D) Three boys are huddled over a handheld video game, which isn’t supposed to be on school grounds.
Answer: option (B)
Seeing four girls surrounding another girl, while in possession of her backpack, is the most suspicious of the incidents described.
4. Mrs. Sharma took a cab to meet her four friends for lunch. They were waiting for her outside the restaurant when she pulled up in the car. She was so excited to see her friends that she left her bag in the cab. As the cab pulled away, she and her friends took notice of the license plate number so they would be able to identify the car when they called the cab company.
1.) The five women seem to agree that the plate starts out with the letter H.
2.) Four of them agree that plate ends with 56.
3.) Four of them think that the second letter is R and a different four think that the third letter is 0. The four license plate numbers below represent what each of the five women thinks she saw. Which one is most likely the license plate number of the taxi?
A) HR 0 56
B) HP 0 56
C) HR 0 65
D) HR Q 56
Answer: option (A)
The five women seem to agree that the plate starts out with the letter H. Four of them agree that the plate ends with 56. Four of them think that the second letter is R and a different four think that the third letter is 0. The plate description that has all of these common elements is option A
5. Rohan has invited his three friends over to watch the cricket on his wide-screen television. They are all hungry, but no one wants to leave to get food. Just as they are arguing about who should make the food a commercial comes on for a local pizza-ria that delivers. The phone number flashes on the screen briefly and they all try to remember it. By the time Rohan grabs a pen and paper, each of them recollects a different number.
1.) All of the men agree that the first three numbers are 393.
2.) Three of them agree that the fourth number is 9.
3.) Three agree that the fifth number is 6.
4.) Three agree that the sixth number is 3; three others agree that the seventh number is also3.
Which of the numbers is most likely the telephone number of the pizzeria?
A) 393 – 9633
B) 393 – 9663
C) 393 – 9963
D) 393 – 9363
Answer: option (A)
All of the men agree that the first three numbers are 393. Three of them agree that the fourth number is 9. Three agree that the fifth number is 6. Three agree that the sixth number is 3; three others agree that the seventh number is also. Option A is the best choice because it is made up of the numbers that most of the men agree they saw.