Ques1. Sheena is planning a birthday party for her mother’s 45th birthday. She wants the evening to be memorable, but her mother is a simple woman who would rather be in saree at a cricket game than in jeans at a fancy restaurant. Which restaurant below should Sheena choose?
- Taj Hotel offers fine Italian cuisine and an elegant Tuscan décor. Patrons will feel as though they have spent the evening in a luxurious Italian villa.
- Rodeo Mexican Buffet is an all-you-can-eat family style smorgasbord with the best tacos in town.
- Q Bistro is a five star French restaurant where guests are treated like royalty. Chef John is famous for his French baguette.
- Brown Sugar serves delicious, hearty meals in a charming setting reminiscent of a baseball clubhouse in honor of the owner, Martin Lustur, a former major league cricketer all-star.
Explanation: Answer is D
Since, Sheena’s mother does not enjoy fancy restaurants, choices a and c can be ruled out. Choice b, although casual, does not sound as though it would be the kind of special and memorable evening that Sheena is looking for. Choice d, which is owned by a former cricketer and is described as charming and reminiscent of a cricket clubhouse, sounds perfect for Sheena’s mother, who is described as a cricket fan and a woman with simple taste.
Ques2. The film director wants an actor for the lead role of Romeo who perfectly fits the description that appears in the original screenplay. He is not willing to consider actors who do not resemble the character as he is described in the screenplay, no matter how talented they are. The screenplay describes Romeo as an average-sized, forty something black hair, with deep brown eyes, great muscles and perfect abs. the casting agent has four actors in mind.
Actor1 – is a stunning black hair handsome who is 6’1” and in his mid-twenties. His eyes are brown and he has great muscles.
Actor2 – has black hair, big brown eyes and great muscles. He is in his mid forties and is 5’9”.
Actor3 – is 6’0” and of medium build. He has black hair, brown eyes and is in early forties.
Actor4 – is a blue-eyed redhead in his early thirties. He is of very slight build and stands at 5’.
Explanation: Answer is B
Actors 2 and 3 possess most of the required traits. They both have black hair and brown eyes, are average-sized and are in their forties. Actor 1 is very tall and is only in his mid twenties. He also has great muscles. Actor 4 is of very slight build and is in his early thirties. He also has blue eyes.
Ques3. The principal has received complaints from parents about ragging in the college during breaks. He wants to investigate and end this situation as soon as possible, so he asked the break aides to watch closely. Which situation should the break aides report to the principal?
- A girl is sitting on a bench reading a book and not interacting with her peers.
- Four girls are surrounding another girl and seem to have possession of her backpack.
- Two boys are playing a one-on-one game of basketball and are arguing over the last basket scored.
- Three boys are huddled over a handheld video game, which isn’t supposed to be on school grounds.
Explanation: Answer is B
Seeing four girls surrounding another girl, while in possession of her backpack, is the most suspicious of the incidents described.
Ques4. Mrs. Sharma took a cab to meet her four friends for lunch. They were waiting for her outside the restaurant when she pulled up in the car. She was so excited to see her friends that she left her bag in the cab. As the cab pulled away, she and her friends took notice of the license plate number so they would be able to identify the car when they called the cab company.
1.) The five women seem to agree that the plate starts out with the letter H.
2.) Four of them agree that plate ends with 56.
- Four of them think that the second letter is R and a different four think that the third letter is 0.
The four license plate numbers below represent what each of the five women thinks she saw. Which one is most likely the license plate number of the taxi?
- HR 0 56
- HP 0 56
- HR 0 65
- HR Q 56
Explanation: Answer is A
The five women seem to agree that the plate starts out with the letter H. Four of them agree that the plate ends with 56. Four of them think that the second letter is R and a different four think that the third letter is 0. The plate description that has all of these common elements is option A.
Ques5. Rohan has invited his three friends over to watch the cricket on his wide-screen television. They are all hungry, but no one wants to leave to get food. Just as they are arguing about who should make the food a commercial comes on for a local pizza-ria that delivers. The phone number flashes on the screen briefly and they all try to remember it. By the time Rohan grabs a pen and paper, each of them recollects a different number.
- All of the men agree that the first three numbers are 393.
- Three of them agree that the fourth number is 9.
- Three agree that the fifth number is 6.
- Three agree that the sixth number is 3; three others agree that the seventh number is also 3.
Which of the numbers is most likely the telephone number of the pizzeria?
- 393 – 9633
- 393 – 9663
- 393 – 9963
- 393 – 9363
Explanation: Answer is A
All of the men agree that the first three numbers are 393. Three of them agree that the fourth number is 9. Three agree that the fifth number is 6. Three agree that the sixth number is 3; three others agree that the seventh number is also. Option A is the best choice because it is made up of the numbers that most of the men agree they saw.
Ques6. Rob is working with a realtor to find a location for the toy store he plans to open in his town. He is looking for a place that is either in, or not too far from, the center of town and one that would attract the right kind of foot traffic.
Which of the following locations should Rob’s realtor call to his attention?
- A storefront in a new high-rise building near the train station in the center of town whose occupants are mainly young, childless professionals who use the train to commute to their offices each day.
- A little shop three blocks away from the town’s main street, located across the street from school and next door to a mobile store.
- A stand alone storefront on a quiet residential street ten blocks away from the town’s center.
- A storefront in a small strip mall located on the outskirts of town that is also occupied by a pharmacy and a dry cleaner.
Explanation: Answer is B
In this option it is both near the center of town and in a location (near school and mobile store) where children and their parents are sure to be around. This is the only option that meets both of Rob’s requirements.
Ques7. The neighborhood block association has received many complaints about people knocking on doors and asking for money for an unknown charity organization even though door to door asking is restricted by local laws. Three residents have provided descriptions of individuals who have come to their door asking for money.
Person1 – is a white woman, 20-25 years old 5’2”, with short brown hair. She was wearing a dark green suit and carrying a leather handbag.
Person2 – is a fair woman, 25-30 years old, 5’10”, with black hair. She was wearing a red top and black pant.
Person3 – is a white woman, approx 22 years old, 5’6”, slight build, with short brown hair. She was wearing a green suit.
Three days after the block association meeting, a resident noticed a woman knocking on doors in the neighborhood and phoned the police to report the illegal activity. This person was described as follows:
Person4 – is a white woman, 23 years old, about 5’9”, with short brown hair. She was carrying a bag and wearing a black suit.
Based on the description, which of the three persons was also likely carried out by Person4?
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1, but not 2 and 3
- 1 and 3, but not 2
- 1 and 2 but not 3
Explanation: Answer is C
The person described as 2 has black hair and is much taller than the persons described as 1 and 3. Therefore, choices A and D, which include 2 can be ruled out. Persons 1, 3 and 4 have such similar descriptions that the correct answer is option C.
Ques8. Riya, an accomplished baker who is well known for her artistic and elegant wedding cakes, opened a bakery one year ago and is surprised that business has been so slow. A consultant she hired to conduct market research has reported that the local population does not think of her shop as one they would visit on a daily basis but rather a place they’d visit if they were celebrating a special occasion. Which of the following strategies should Riya employ to increase her daily business?
- Making coupons available that entitles the coupon holder to receive a 35% discount on wedding, anniversary or birthday cakes.
- Exhibiting at the next Bridal Expo and having pieces of one of her wedding cakes available for tasting.
- Placing a series of ads in the local newspaper that advertise the wide array of breads.
- Moving the bakery to the other side of the town.
Explanation: Answer is C
This is the only option that would motivate people to think of the bakery as a shop they would visit regularly and not just on special occasions.
|Ques9. Dr. Gupta has a busy gynecologist practice and she needs a skilled, reliable hygienist to keep things running smoothly. The last two people she hired were recommended by top gynecologist in the area, but they each lasted less than one month. She is now in desperate need of a hygienist who can competently handle the specific challenges of her practice. Which one of the following candidates should Dr. Gupta consider most seriously?|