Aptitude Questions: Aptitude tests are conducted to assess candidates skills and abilities to perform tasks. There are lots of aptitude questions and answers topics given in this website.
Aptitude Questions and answers
|2||HCF and LCM|
|4||Profit, Loss and Discount|
|5||Speed, Time and Distance|
|6||Time and Work|
|8||Ratio and Proportion|
|9||Simple and Compound Interest|
|10||Boats and Streams|
|13||Problems on Ages|
|14||Problems on Trains|
|16||Pipes and Cistern|
|19||Statement and Argument|
|24||Cause and Effect|
|25||Coding and Decoding|
Aptitude Questions and Answers:
1. Number Systems:
Natural Numbers: The numbers which are used to count the objects known as natural numbers. Whole Numbers: In the natural numbers set if we include number 0 then the resulting set will be known as whole numbers….more
2. HCF and LCM:
- Factors and Multiples: When the number ‘m’ divides another number ‘n’ exactly, then we can say that ‘m’ is a factor of ‘n’. In this case, ‘n’ is called a multiple of ‘m’.
- HCF (Highest Common Factor): The HCF of two or more than two numbers is the greatest number that divides each of them exactly. Methods to find HCF of a given number….more
What is Percentage? Percent is made of two words per and cent. Meaning of percent is “per hundred”. Sign of percent is %. To express x% as a fraction we have x% = x/100. Thus, 20% = 20/100 = 1/5; 54% = 54/100 = 27/50, etc….more
4. Profit, Loss and Discount:
- Profit – If selling price of any item is more than the cost price of the item then there is a profit on the selling the item. Profit = Selling Price – Cost Price
- Loss – If selling price of any item is less than the cost price of the item then there is a loss on the selling the item. Loss = Cost Price – Selling Price
- Discount – Sometimes shopkeeper gives you some rebate on items on selling to their customers. This rebate is known as discount and discount is known as rebate….more
5. Speed, Time and Distance:
- Speed = Distance/Time , Time = Distance/Speed, Distance = Speed * Time
- x km/hr = (x* 5/18) m/sec
- x m/sec = (x* 18/5) km/hr
- If the ratio of the speeds of A and is a:b, then the ratio of the time taken by them to cover the same distance is 1/a : 1/b or b:a….more
6. Time and Work:
- If A can do a piece of work in n days, then A’s 1 day’s work = 1/n
- If A’s 1 day’s work = 1/n, then A can finish the work in n days…..more
What is average? Average is defined as the ratio of sum of all observations in a group to the number of observations in the group…..more
8. Ratio and Proportion:
What is ratio? The ratio of two quantities a and b in the same units, is the fraction a/b and we write it as a : b. In the ratio, a : b, we call a as the first term or antecedent and b, the second term or consequent.
What is proportion? The equality of two ratios is called proportion. If a : b = c : d, we write, a : b : : c : d, then d is called the fourth proportion. Here a and d are called extremes, while b and c are called mean terms…..more
9. Simple and Compound Interest:
Principal: The money borrowed out for a certain period is called the principal or the sum.
Interest: Some extra money paid for using other’s money is called interest.
Simple Interest (S.I.): When the sum borrowed for a certain period is computed uniformly, then it is called simple interest.
Compound Interest: The compound interest is interest calculated on the initial principal which also includes all of the accumulated interest of previous period of a deposit. The borrower and the lender agrees to fix up a certain unit of time, say yearly or half-yearly or quarterly to settle the previous account……more
10. Boats and Streams:
Boats and Streams:In water, the direction along the stream is called downstream. And, the direction against the stream is called upstream. If the speed of a boat in still water is u km/hr and the speed of the stream is v km/hr, then:
Speed of downstream = (u + v) km/hr
Speed of upstream = (u – v) km/hr………more
What is Partnership? The form of association of two or more persons, who contributes resources like money together in order to carry on a business, is known as partnership. It is of following two types:
- Simple Partnership: A partnership in which capitals of the partners are invested for the same time is known as simple partnership. The profits or losses are divided among the partners in the ratio of their investment……more
12. Linear Equations:
What are Linear Equations? An equation is a statement of equality of two algebraic polynomial involving one or more variables. The expression of the form Ax + B, where A and B are real numbers and A ≠ 0, is a linear polynomial and equation involving only linear polynomial are called linear equations……more
13. Problems on Ages:
1. Sanjay is younger than Raj by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old Sanjay is?
A) 14 years
B) 18 years
C) 28 years
D) 24.5 years
E) None of these……more
14. Problems on Trains:
- a km/hr = a*(5/18) m/s
- a m/s = a*(18/5) km/hr
- Time taken by a train of length l metres to pass a pole or a standing man or a signal post is equal to the time taken by the train to cover l metres.
- Time taken by a train of length l metres to pass a stationary object of length b metres is the time taken by the train to cover (l + b) metres…….more
- Event: Any subset of a sample space is called an event.
- Probability of Occurrence of an Event: Let S be the sample space and let E be an event……more
16. Pipes and Cistern:
What is Inlet?
A pipe connected with a tank or a cistern or a reservoir, that fills it, is known as inlet.
What is Outlet?
A pipe connected with a tank or a cistern or a reservoir, emptying it, is known as an outlet.
- If a pipe can fill a tank in x hours, then:
part filled in 1 hour = 1/x….more
Trigonometry: In a right angled OAB, where ∠BOA = θ ,
i. sin(θ) = Perpendicular / Hypotenuse = AB / OB ;
ii. cos(θ) = Base / Hypotenuse = OA / OB ;
iii. tan(θ) = Perpendicular / Base = AB / OA ;…….more
Area = lb
Perimeter = 2(l+b)
Area = a×a
Perimeter = 4a…….more
19. Statement and Argument:
Should India encourage export?
i.) Yes, to earn foreign exchange to pay for our imports.
ii.) No, selective encouragement will lead to shortages.
A) Only argument I is strong
B) Only argument II is strong……more
20. Making Judgments:
1. Sheena is planning a birthday party for her mother’s 45th birthday. She wants the evening to be memorable, but her mother is a simple woman who would rather be in saree at a cricket game than in jeans at a fancy restaurant. Which restaurant below should Sheena choose?
A) Taj Hotel offers fine Italian cuisine and an elegant Tuscan décor. Patrons will feel as though they have spent the evening in a luxurious Italian villa…..more
21. Verbal Reasoning:
1. Moon: Satellite::Earth:?
C) Solar System
E) None of these…..more
22. Logical Problems:
Directions to solve:
1. Shreya is older than Riya.
Sita is older than Shreya.
Riya is older than Sita. If given first two statements are true, then the third statement is
23. Logical Deduction:
Logical Deduction is reasoning which create or evaluate deductive arguments. The deductive arguments are attempts to show that a conclusion necessarily follows from a set of premises. The deductive argument is valid if the conclusion does follow necessarily from the premises i.e. the conclusion will be true provided if the premises are true…..more
24. Cause and Effect:
What is cause and effect?
In this type of questions two statements are given in which out of these two statements one is the cause and the other one is the effect or either these two may be independent causes any….more
25. Coding and Decoding:
What is coding-decoding?
Coding-Decoding is the simplest form of verbal intelligence reasoning. In this type of question, a set of letters or numbers are given in code in which they have to be deciphered or decoded. The coding-decoding can be divided in to two types:…..more